It’s time for a bulleted list. I stole this from Melanie, but I don’t think she’ll mind. Well, I hope not at least.
- I really want to read the new Harry Dresden novel, Small Favor, but I’m just too cheap to buy the hardcover. I heard it was really good. I think I might end up picking it up though, because I just need something else to distract me from Ringworld.
- It’s almost Friday! Yay. Well actually tomorrow, I do have an appointment to get fitted for a CPAP machine. Yeap, just like Tiggerprr, I’ll have to wear the Darth Vader mask too. We’ll see how it goes. Gotta love having sleep apnea. But this makes me wonder…I bet everyone has a different degree of it. But honestly, if the mask is going to make me sleep better, then that’s good. But somehow…I doubt it.
- Speaking of tiggerprr, she recently called me an evil person. Am I so evil for revealing that she might have dyscalculia? I mean, it’s not that bad. Everyone has issues with numbers. Except perhaps Pandora, but come on, she teaches the stuff. LOL
- In Idol news, Kristy Lee Cook finally left the show. Finally. I got tired of hearing about her. Now I can rest.
- Oh, don’t forget to visit Meesh. She’s loving her new blog, and she’s got some great photos up there.
- Also, you see the banner in the upper right? That’s for Lisa. You know she has cancer right? Well, don’t forget to donate to get a raffle ticket. You could win some great prizes and you’ll be helping out a good cause.
Well, I think that just about sums it all up.
Lisa has been diagnosed (again) with cancer! Miss Ann Thrope is coordinating a fundraiser raffle to help her get her and her kids to Disney. This is a good thing. They’re giving away some really cool things too. I think I might try to find some stuff to add on to the raffle if need be.
Anyways, visit now! Have a heart people, even $1 counts!
If you have a website and would like to help, please spread the news about the raffle! Post about it, and link to the raffle site! Please consider adding the button!
[updated] I’m making this post sticky, so it will always be shown until the raffle is over. Scroll down to view the latest posts! If you’re looking for the Saturday Photohunt, just scroll down some.
[updated] Danalyn made an AWESOME video for Lisa, and wow. Just wow. (video after the bump)
Apparently, Patrick Swayze indeed has cancer. But the 5 weeks to live thing? Fabrication. In fact, Swayze doctor ‘optimistic’ on cancer. It looks like he’s reacting well to the treatment! Where do people get this kind of information saying that he has only 5 weeks to live? Sometimes you gotta hate the media. Especially the National Enquirer, right?
The article also mentioned that Swayze will most likely continue his role as the FBI detective on the upcoming A&E series, The Beast. The series sounds interesting, and it sounds like it has some similarities to Agent Pendergast the rather eclectic and genius FBI Agent of Relic (not the movie, the book) fame. The synopsis of the show is that Swayze will play an unorthodox FBI Agent who finds a new partner, and during the course of their investigations, the partner becomes a “double agent” to actually spy on Swayze to report back to the bureau. It sounds pretty interesting. I guess they’ve only shot a pilot, but they intend on taking it further. I hope it’s something that doesn’t suck.
Hopefully, Swayze has a speedy recovery and we can start watching his work!
Perhaps you haven’t heard: Patrick Swayze Diagnosed With Pancreatic Cancer, Has Five Weeks to Live Now this is according to a National Enquirer exclusive. Of course, according to the Fox article, he looks fine and doesn’t show any signs of illness.
I’m not entirely sure if this is true. But if it is, it’s a very sad thing. I love Patrick Swayze, he’s done some really great movies. But really, if he was going through chemotherapy, unless he’s got some really great makeup artists and he can totally act good 100% of the time, you’d know. But I could be mistaken.
Either way, it’s really a horrible thing. If the Enquirer is making this up or got misinformation, then that’s pretty bad to run it as news and then reap profits on it.
Hoping all is well to Patrick Swayze!
If you haven’t heard, Jeff Healey died today from a long battle with cancer. It’s quite too bad. I’m reminded of the movie Roadhouse, and how much I thought he did such a great job in it. I’m also reminded of the song Angel Eyes. I love it. Here’s to thinking about Jeff Healey.