Happy Birthday to my one and only true love, Meesh! She’s 29 this year, so give her a great birthday wish if you can. Hopefully she can put up with another year of me, and all the chaos and craziness that surrounds me.
I wish this was the real cake I am giving her, but alas it isn’t. I’m not even sure what to do for dinner. Technically, she’ll probably want her favorite (that I know of, anyway) of Spam™, eggs and rice. With a side of seaweed and possibly miso soup. Sounds like a good meal to me!
If you didn’t know already, today is Meesh’s birthday. Why not go on over to her site and wish her a Happy Birthday? She’s going to be 29 years old! I just don’t know how I got so lucky to be with a girl like her. She’s my anchor and my strength. I literally don’t know what I’d do without her. I consider myself very lucky and very fortunate. Happy Birthday honey!
You know, why did you ever start a blog? Have you ever asked that question? For that matter, how “personal” do you get in a blog? Yes, the names can be changed to protect the innocent, but seriously, how much of your life do you actually post in your blog? For any readers of this site, I think personally I don’t post anything really personal. I’ve made some exceptions here and there and have posted about having my stroke (let’s not forget the awesome view I had from my hospital room), and having my dialysis catheter placed. But how much do you really know about me?
You can hide behind your blogs because you choose what to post about. Granted, there are so many people who post just about everything in their lives, but honestly, how much of it can you truly believe? How much of it is true fact and not part of embellishing things to create an “interesting” post? You don’t know.
I was thinking today (I know, dangerous, did you smell the burning?) and came to the conclusion that most people who read my site, but never talk to me, really don’t know much about me. My entire readership of 5 people (including the spammers!) probably don’t know much about me, unless I chat with them outside of the blog in Instant Messaging (IM).
I have to admit that I will probably not change how I come up with entries on this site and continue to post things which upset me or piss me off, but I just wanted to know from everyone who have a blog, how much of your personal life, your REAL personal life, do you reveal on your blog?
Ok so for the past few days, it’s been what seems to me like non-stop raining. But this is good, because now the snow is melting away and like normal, we are not stuck inside the house. Unfortunately, because of all the rain and all the melting snow, we are on flood watch. Go figure, we cannot win. Crazy.
In other news, it’s been real quiet around here, since I’m recuperating from this tube thingie sticking out of my belly, and Meesh is just relaxing from all the stress of taking care of me. I’m high maintenance you know! So nothing is really going on, not surprisingly.
However, I did manage to write a few articles over at jCrap, so if you’re interested in reading my stuff, then go on over there!
Last minute edit: I thought I’d add a poll to this post too.
So this week has been uneventful, meaning nothing major has really happened. Today is my mom’s birthday, she’s like 29 now or something like that. Not sure how that works out, but that’s how it is. If I’m not mistaken, I believe it is also Muse’s birthday as well. She’s 29 or something like that too. Funny how that works out isn’t it?
Meesh has been really busy this week, there have been even more fires, and they’re escalating. In Spokane, a few houses have burned too. So sad! A lot of people are being evacuated. She’s been sending a lot of folks out to California as well. I heard they sent in the . It’s the first time in 30 years they’ve done this. This years Fire season isn’t cool at all. Let’s hope Meesh gets to come home soon. I know she’ll be in Wenatchee at least until the 14th. The chances of her coming home early are slim I think.
Katie has been playing some D&D! Anyone closer to me interested in putting together a campaign? It’s too bad Katie doesn’t live even 1 hour closer to me, I might consider driving it to play. Could be worth it. Anyone else play D&D? She’s playing 4th Edition, which she says is pretty cool. I can’t believe that it’s changed that much, but I guess that’s cool.
I’ve been playing a little bit of Call of Duty 4, and have been trying to play online with a few friends, but man, I suck so badly, and I have no idea what I’m doing in the game. Anyone play Call of Duty 4 and wanna help school me in the game?
On the gaming note, do people still play Counter Strike? I’ve been playing a little bit of CS:source, and I’m really liking it. But I just don’t know anyone that still plays it. Anyone got a good server I can play on? What’s the latest and greatest maps and such? Any ideas? Help a fellow gamer out!
Wenatchee wildfire burns 2,600 acres This is where Meesh is. Wow. She’s gotta be busy!Read More
I’m going to talk about something that I normally never talk about and usually try to avoid. I’m sure that Tiggerprr will write this one down in her books. But Muse wrote a post the other day about their sick kittehs, and that got me to thinking about very own Precious.
So here’s the scenario, we have to bring Precious to her annual exam. They find out that she’s got some teeth to pull out because they’re just in seriously bad shape. Meesh sounded so very bad and like a horrible mom when she called me they had to do that. Of course, we all know that she’s not. They ended up pulling 3 teeth, the two back on the bottom and one on top. Wow, I don’t know about you, but when I got my wisdom teeth pulled out, it sucked, and this is definitely comparable.
The vet sent her home with some antibiotics and pain meds. Both are orally injected fluid, so it’s supposed to be “easy”. Well, the two of us are trying to give Precious her meds (twice per day) and well, if you can find her, that makes it a lot easier. Precious is now wary of us at all, and is just about ready to dart off. I’ll be happy when we’re done and the only reason we’re calling after Precious is to hug her or hold her, and not to give her medicine.
Poor Meesh, she’s totally stressed out about it, and I’m stressed out about it because she’s stressed out about it.
This week has been slow. I’ve been laid up in bed or on the couch resting because I feel sick or nauseous or both. Recovery is crazy from surgery. But I’m still doing a TGIF post today because it’s what I do and that’s how I roll.
I just want to remind everyone that next Friday is Free for all Friday, and if you’re not familiar with FFAF, it’s where you get to guest post on my blog. It’s fun, it’s a way to pimp your site, possibly get a couple new readers (or lose them! LOL). So look for it next Friday.
Cybr came to the dark side and re-activated his World of Warcraft account. Leveling is so much faster in that game now, and well, I think he’d love to see Outland. It’s pretty damn cool, and it’s a lot of fun. We’ll see how that goes.
Jen totally made LOL when I read a post about what one of her co-workers did with her telephone. You should read it, totally funny story! She’s too funny! And I’m so glad I know when she updates in my reader now!
It looks like Abraxus picked up Age of Conan recently and wrote a pretty good post about it. We’ve been considering picking it up. I think Meesh was really curious about it, so I think we’re probably going to end up going to Best Buy this weekend and picking it up. Or she will and we’ll try it out. I doubt it will run on our laptops, but you never know! We do all our gaming on the laptops, perhaps it’s time to change?
Finally, girlrobot posted her friday links as usual and posted a picture of the most awesome tattoo I’ve seen in a while! Check it out!
Unfortunately this weeks TGIF post had to be pre-written because I’m in the hospital and should be getting discharged today. I had to stay overnight because I have sleep apnea and they just wanted to be sure I was ok, presumably because I just had anesthesia and I guess I might have some issues with anesthesia and sleep apnea. Who knows. All I know is I don’t have to pay for it thank goodness.
Breigh and Xander just got back from an awesome vacation, and they just celebrated their 8th anniversary! You should probably go wish some congratulations and just say hello. You really need to check out the pictures she took too because they’re OMG so beautiful! (Xander if you have a blog, I didn’t know! If you do, comment and leave me the address!)
I know I just talked about Katie last week, but she just got her. You should check it out, it looks so awesome! I wanna dye my hair too. But not pink like hers. LOL I’m thinking more like auburn or light brown. I’ve had black hair for almost 40 years now. I could use the change.
Lisa is back from disney and sounds like she had a great time. I’m just so glad that we as a community could help her out and give her a great time with her family. Now of course, she comes back and she’s laid off from her job. Please head on over there and give her some love. I’m sure she could use some right now!
Melanie mentioned that she might like to try out a, where her webcam is on 24/7 and never turned off. Kinda like a Big Brother for bloggers. I think it might be a great idea, but I might have to agree with her dad that it might be a bad idea because someone could easily take any scene they say and warp it. But honestly, I think it’s kinda cool. I mean they have justin.tv and all, why not plaidtoaster tv?
Cybr and Muse made the big announcement. You should probably head on over there and see what the fuss is about. It’s so happy it’s crazy! (Shameless advert: Don’t forget to check out A Little Scary, it’s a great web comic with new content every Monday and Thursday!)
Pandora finally. I am waiting to hear about her Germany vacation and about her laptop drowning. Should be interesting to hear!
Meesh just bought a new digital camera! I bet you’ll be seeing goofy ass shots of me on the net now. Not like I’ve done that enough on my own right? It should be here on Monday. Fun fun!
Thanks for checking out my TGIF post, please come next week, when you might show up! Suggestions for the TGIF posts are always welcome!
Well, traditionally, TGIF around here has become a way for me to recap the week and put out some linky love, kinda like girlrobot‘s Friday Links. But mine are a bit more closer and personal. So what’s happened this week?
If you missed it, yours truly has become an American Citizen. That’s right folks, I get to stand jury duty now. And Neptunebaby even says it’s not that bad! I might get to experience it some day! Oh also, Avitable made a point to say I can now say this, “If John McCain gets elected President, I’m renouncing my citizenship!” LOL so true!
Katie justafter she just moved into her new place. You might want to check it out and wish her a warm homecoming to her new place.
Jules has opened up her new Mets blog, so if you’re into baseball or the Mets in particular, then you really should go check it out. Seriously! I also talked to her and she might open up her personal blog this weekend! I totally can’t wait. I miss the blogging jules days.
Oh yeah, Colin got laid. That’s some seriously good news, you think? Oh and something about visiting the US or something. Yeah I’m pretty sure if he gets to the west coast it’d be great, but starting out in Washington DC, that’s pretty damn far. He’d have to fly. Unless he’s planning a really big road trip, which would be cool. But yeah, if he made it out here, he could see Katie and I. Would be cool times.
If you missed TequilaCon 2008 like myself, then you’ll probably benefit from the video NYCWD posted: TequliaCon 2008: The Final Shot. It’s a great video summarizing TequilaCon 2008 in 120 seconds. It’s awesome! He’s totally gonna get burned! Watch to the end!
If you didn’t know, Meesh was a bit under the weather, and I’m thinking I poisoned her last weekend. It was not pretty, I feel really bad. But she’s feeling a lot better now. We’ll just have to remember, no more Dinty Moore Beef Stew for her!
Last but not least, yesterday was Breigh‘s birthday, go wish her some birthday wishes! She also just got home from a vacation in France. I’m totally jealous.
Ok, once again, I’m lazy, so a bulleted entry™ it is.
- is this Friday folks! The last Friday of the month is FFAF! What does that mean? That means YOU get to post on THIS site! That’s right, I’ll open up posting so you can make a guest post about anything really. I’ll throw some suggestions for you, but ultimately, it’s up to you. This is a good way to promote your latest news to catch a different audience.
- I’m still giving the CPAP machine a chance. I’ll have pictures up for you soon, once I get around to putting it on and having Meesh take my picture. It’s really sexy! NOT. Cybr totally wanted to know more about it. He’s apparently doing some research into it.
- What’s up with people lately? I swear everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere. Everywhere I turn, there’s someone always in a hurry. I swear driving around yesterday, I was almost hit by so many people. They totally need to get over it and just relax already. Seriously!
- I had more ideas for posts, but honestly, I think of them when I’m in the shower, and I always forget by the time I’ve dried off. Most of my thinking and idea making comes to me while I’m in the bathroom. Is that so wrong? I just wish I could remember half of it. I’ve probably thought of the cure for the common cold already.
- The Sims 2. Such an evil evil game. And now they’re working on Sims 3? Holy crap. The Sims 3 is due to come out in 2009. We’ll see.
That’s about it for now. How’s your Tuesday going so far? I want to win the lottery and never work again.
I wanted to point out a few things to those of you who might not have been around for a while and new here, or just plain didn’t know about this website.
- Moderated comments. I don’t moderate comments. But if you’ve never commented here before, then your first comment will be moderated. I almost always approve them, unless you’re a spammer, in which case, I just send you to the spam box. Easy peasy. Also your comment will get moderated if you have 2 or more links in it. Just a precautionary thing.
- Gravatars. If you don’t have a gravatar, your comment will show up with the default gravatar, which is the animated yin/yang symbol. To set one up, it’s easy, and it’s free! You just need an email address and an image you’d like to make your gravatar, then head over to the Gravatar Website. Sign up for a free account, and then upload your picture. It’s that easy! This website shows all gravatars except X-rated ones. My mom and Meesh both read this website and I don’t think they want to see those.
- Top 10 Commentators List. Yes, I provide a link for my top commentators. It resets every month, so if you were at the top of the list, and find yourself now at the bottom, take note of the date. That’s probably why.
- . Yes, I have a page where you can chat with me via Instant Messenger. This is in the event that you’re too lazy to view my page and not add me to your IM program.
- I’m still working out bugs with some of the widgets and ads on the site. I’m also working on a new design (for the upcoming blogathon), and I’ll probably get rid of most of the ads when I do. For now, just bear with it. And while I’m on it, I’d like to just say something about the way WordPress 2.5 does widgets. It blows. You used to be able to view all sidebars (I have 4) at the same time, and you could easily move widgets from one sidebar to another. No longer. So if you want to move a Text widget, then you better copy the text first, then remove it because if you don’t, it’s gone forever. Ok, I’m done with that.
- I occasionally have polls. If you’re reading this site with an RSS Reader like Google Reader or Bloglines, then it’ll probably tell you that you need to visit the site to participate.
- I like to include videos with my posts sometimes, but I hate to put them out on the front page. They just take up too much space. So I usually say “the video is after the bump.” When I say “the bump” it usually means the “continue to read more…” link. Or in the event of the RSS reader, it should say something to the effect of “There is more to read…” I like to do this because honestly, the videos sometimes breaks my design and I don’t like that. Yes, I’m picky. I’m OCD like that, gimme a break!
I think that’s it. I know this is a really boring post. But if nothing else, it’s semi-informative. Seriously.
It’s time for a bulleted list. I stole this from Melanie, but I don’t think she’ll mind. Well, I hope not at least.
- I really want to read the new Harry Dresden novel, Small Favor, but I’m just too cheap to buy the hardcover. I heard it was really good. I think I might end up picking it up though, because I just need something else to distract me from Ringworld.
- It’s almost Friday! Yay. Well actually tomorrow, I do have an appointment to get fitted for a CPAP machine. Yeap, just like Tiggerprr, I’ll have to wear the Darth Vader mask too. We’ll see how it goes. Gotta love having sleep apnea. But this makes me wonder…I bet everyone has a different degree of it. But honestly, if the mask is going to make me sleep better, then that’s good. But somehow…I doubt it.
- Speaking of tiggerprr, she recently called me an evil person. Am I so evil for revealing that she might have dyscalculia? I mean, it’s not that bad. Everyone has issues with numbers. Except perhaps Pandora, but come on, she teaches the stuff. LOL
- In Idol news, Kristy Lee Cook finally left the show. Finally. I got tired of hearing about her. Now I can rest.
- Oh, don’t forget to visit Meesh. She’s loving her new blog, and she’s got some great photos up there.
- Also, you see the banner in the upper right? That’s for Lisa. You know she has cancer right? Well, don’t forget to donate to get a raffle ticket. You could win some great prizes and you’ll be helping out a good cause.
Well, I think that just about sums it all up.
You might recall a past post where I say, “Why people shouldn’t drive ginormous trucks”. Yes, that’s right, people have no idea how to drive big-ass trucks. I’m serious.
The other day while going through the Taco Bell drive-thru, a lady in her big-ass truck was waiting in line. In front of her, another person in their big-ass truck were ordering. I think the space between the two trucks was huge enough to actually fit Meesh’s Mini-cooper in there. I mean seriously. I understand that I need to give some leeway concerning trucks. But honestly? If you can’t at least move as close as a car-length to the car in front of you, you should not be driving that vehicle.
I honestly think that I would just love driving…if I was the only driver on the road. Seriously.
Don’t forget about Lisa! You see the banner in the upper right corner? Click it! Enter the raffle. Help someone cure cancer. It’s easy from your end, why not do the easy thing and help support Lisa?
I still have to get some kind of a better design going for her. She’s not sure what she’s wanting so it’ll probably be a short bit before I get anything going.
Fun! :D Now get on over there and say hello to her my peeps!
Also, if you have not donated for the Raffle for Lisa, then you need to! There are some really kick ass prizes! You see that banner in the upper right corner? That’s right kids, click on it to get information to donate to enter the raffle. Lisa is a two time ovarian cancer survivor, and we really need to support her right now so she becomes a three time survivor. Every penny counts! If you want more details, head on over to Miss Ann’s right now!